"We must not, in trying to think about how we can make a big difference, ignore the small daily differences we can make which, over time, add up to big differences that we often cannot foresee."
– Marian Wright Edelman
Martha Rosado is a caring, non-judgmental counselor with over 10 years of experience in techniques proven to reduce stress & anxiety.
I became a counselor because I deeply believe in our ability to change and grow. We all have strengths that can help us overcome life’s challenges. Sometimes we just need help accessing our calm, courageous self. I truly enjoy being a consultant and coach on that path.
I choose to specialize in treating anxiety, worry and panic after getting training in Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction and EMDR. I continually see those techniques melt away stress and open you up to truly experiencing life. It’s a new way of being present in the moment and kind to yourself & others.
I am a client centered, solution focused therapist. I also have advanced training as a Dialectical Behavior informed therapist and frequently use Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR), Internal Family Systems and Cognitive Behavioral strategies in treatment.
- Panic attacks
- Clarity to make a difficult decision
- Major Life Decisions/Changes (graduation, career change, ending a relationship)
- Personal growth
- Women's issues / Pregnancy / Post Partum
- Young adult issues
- Relaxation / Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction
- Coping with difficult emotions
- Self-care & Self-compassion
- Health Coaching
- Emotional eating
- Quitting smoking / Tobacco Cessation
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Any state, including federal and state employees
- Bachelor of Science, Psychology – Millsaps College
- Master of Science, Counseling Psychology – University of Southern Mississippi
License & Certifications:
- Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC)
- National Certified Counselor (NCC)
- Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction Training
- Level 1 Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) Training
- True Colors Personality Assessment Coach
- Tobacco Treatment Specialist
- Level 1 Gottman Marriage Counseling Training
Professional Leadership & Honors:
- Mississippi Licensed Professional Counselor of the Year – 2014
- Mississippi Counseling Association – Emerging Leader and Executive Board
- Mississippi Licensed Professional Counselors Association – Executive Board, Conference Chair & President
- Owner of Madison Counseling PLLC & Anxiety Specialists Counseling PLLC
Request an Appointment:
Thank you so much for contact me.
Looking forward to speaking with you!
Please click below to go to my secure portal where you can schedule an appointment or update your information.
If you're a current client, your username is your e-mail address & you can text or e-mail me to reset your password if needed.
If you're a new client, you are required to enter credit card information, but your card will only be charged if you fail to attend the appointment ($50). You may cancel the appointment if needed, please give at least 24 hours notice.