I highly value all that I have gained from my formal education, work and life experience. My passion for working with others in a therapeutic setting began in high school as I became increasingly aware of the brokenness around me and in my own life. I have always valued the tremendous power of being heard, seen and cared for in a curious, compassionate, and non-judgmental manner. Through my work with children and youth, adults, couples, and families from a variety of backgrounds, I have learned the importance of creating a safe environment where humanness is valued, new skills can be learned, and confidence is reclaimed for restored living. My hope is to offer this safe space to all my clients.
I have been married since 2009, have two big dogs who love to go for walks, and I enjoy baking and being in nature.
I seek to come alongside Individuals from a Client-Centered framework drawing tools from Internal Family Systems, EFT, Gottman, CBT and Attachment theory. As a trauma-informed counselor with experience in play therapy, family, couples, and individual therapies, I offer a sound understanding of the relationship between human development and environmental impact. My Christian worldview is the foundation of my work and informs how I care for others with grace and truth.
Areas of Focus:
- ADHD, Oppositional Defiance, School Issues
- Anger Management
- Anxiety and Fears
- Depression & Mood Swings
- Family and Parenting
- Personal Growth, Self-Care, and Self Compassion
- Pre-Marriage and Marriage Issues
- Personal and Family Adjustments
- Stress Reduction
- Trauma & PTSD
- Women’s Issues
- Blue Cross Blue Shield – any state including federal and state employees
- Bachelor of Science, Psychology – Belhaven University
- Master of Arts, Counseling – Reformed Theological Seminary
License & Certifications:
- Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC)
- Certified Prepare/Enrich Facilitator
- Completed Level 1 Training in Gottman Method Couples Therapy