I have been a licensed professional counselor since 2005, and have professional experience working with children and their families as they walk through divorce, grief, anxiety, parenting, school issues, bullying, food allergies, family changes, marital problems, and any other challenge that impacts the family.
I have always been amazed at the complexity of our humanity, and how people can face adversity with such strength. Having received counseling as a child myself, I know firsthand the incredible life-changing impact the therapeutic relationship can have on children. I became a counselor because I believe that every life has an inherent, priceless worth, and it is my honor to walk alongside others as they discover how invaluable they truly are not only to themselves but also to the lives of others.
I have been married since 1999, and my husband and I have two children - a son in high school and a daughter in middle school.
As a client-centered counselor, my approach is flexible to meet the specific needs of my clients. I primarily utilize play therapy (including games, non-directive play, art, sand tray, and role play), Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Internal Family Systems (IFS), and the Gottman Method.
It is my goal to provide the highest quality counseling services in an environment that maintains the highest Christian principles. I aim to promote a respectful and safe place for all people, of all faiths, to find help for whatever issues they may face.
- ADHD, Oppositional Defiance, School Issues
- Anger Mangement
- Anxiety and Fears
- Chronic Illness and Allergies
- Family and Parenting
- Panic Attacks
- Personal Growth, Self-Care, and Self Compassion
- Pre-Marriage and Marriage Issues
- Personal and Family Adjustments
- Stress Reduction
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - any state including federal and state employees
- Mississippi Physicians Care Network (including Fox Everett)
- Bachelor of Arts – University of Southern Mississippi
- Master of Arts, Marriage and Family Therapy – Reformed Theological Seminary
License & Certifications:
- Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC)
- Board Qualified Supervisor (LPC-S)
- Certified in Symbis for pre-marriage and marriage counseling
- Completed Level 1 and Level 2 Training in Gottman Method Couples Therapy
- Provided individual, group, and family therapy for at risk preschoolers, elementary, middle, junior high, and high school students at two Mississippi mental health centers
- Served as Clinical Director of the School Day Program for Mississippi Children’s Home Services
- Served as Quality Manager for Mississippi Children’s Home Services
- Currently contribute articles on parenting and family to a local wellness magazine
- Currently provide clinical supervision to Provisionally Licensed Professional Counselors (P-LPC)