"Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around."
– Leo Buscaglia
“I believe that vulnerability-the willingness to be “all in” even when you know it can mean failing and hurting-is brave”
Anne is a caring, compassionate, non-judgmental professional that has a love for serving others through counseling.
Anne is passionate about having and fostering authentic and transparent relationships with others. Her experience as a wife, a mother, and a former middle school teacher gives her a personal understanding of many different walks of life. This enables her to help couples experiencing marriage difficulties and allows her to relate well to adolescents and other parents.
Anne believes that we all have the potential to live a healthy, fulfilled life if we are willing work hard and take risks. She collaborates with her clients to establish goals to meet the unique needs of each individual. Anne would be honored to come alongside you in your journey towards growth and healing.
Anne’s desire is to come alongside those who are hurting and help them to heal by showing them love and compassion. She primarily uses CBT (Cognitive Behavioral Therapy) while working with clients but also integrates DBT (Dialectical Behavior Therapy), as a DBT informed therapist, and IFS (Internal Family Systems). Anne also incorporates therapeutic games, activities, and art with her clients.
Anne believes the therapeutic relationship is very important. Therefore, it is relevant to know that Anne comes from a Christian worldview. She is happy to see those with differing worldviews but is also willing to refer to a trusted colleague if a client so desires. Anne works to create a safe environment where people feel the freedom to verbalize their struggles without bias or judgment.
Areas of Focus:
- Pre-marriage and Marriage Counseling
- Adolescent Issues
- Parenting Concerns
- Codependency and Addiction
- Career Counseling
- Anxiety & Depression
- Women’s Issues
- Life Transitions
- Obsessive Compulsive Thoughts
- Blue Cross Blue Shield—any state including federal and state employees
- Bachelor of Arts in Education--Millsaps College, Jackson, MS
- Master of Arts in Marriage/Family Therapy and Counseling—Reformed Theological Seminary, Jackson, MS
License & Certifications:
- Licensed Professional Counselor in Mississippi—License #1959
- Certified in Prepare/Enrich and Symbis for pre-marriage counseling
- Completed Level 1 and Level 2 Training in Gottman Method Couples Therapy
Professional Leadership & Honors:
- Mississippi Counseling Association Emerging Leader
- Founder/co-leader of Connections Professional Consult Group for Licensed Mental Health Professionals
- Founder/Owner of Madison Counseling PLLC